In the CliffsComplete guides, the play's complete text and a glossary appear side-by-side with coordinating numbered lines to help you understand unusual words and phrasing. You'll also find all the commentary and resources of a standard CliffsNotes for Literature.
CliffsComplete The Taming of the Shrew is one of Shakespeare's most beloved, and imitated, works. In this play within a play, Petruchio, the man from Verona, marries Kate (the shrew of the story), so that Kate's younger sister Bianca may be allowed to take on several suitors and choose one to marry.
Discover what happens to Petruchio and Kate and save valuable studying time all at once. Enhance your reading of The Taming of the Shrew with these additional features:
- A summary and insightful commentary for each act
- Bibliography and historical background on the author, William Shakespeare
- A look at the historical context and structure of the play
- Discussions on the plays symbols and themes
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Review questions, a quiz, discussion topics (essay questions), activity ideas
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Streamline your literature study with all-in-one help from CliffsComplete guides
About the Author
Diana Sweeney has been teaching English in Los Angeles, California, for over fifteen years. She is also the author of the CliffsComplete Julius Caesar.