On Our Shelves Now
"All the world's a lie, and all the men and women merely liars."
Dorante is charming, handsome and a pathological liar! When he arrives in Paris, Dorante's outlandish tales amaze and convince all who hear them, but for each problem his clever lying solves, it creates two new ones. Will he manage to keep his stories straight, his dupes none the wiser and somehow still get the girl? This joyful French farce bursts onto the stage in Broadway playwright David Ives' sparkling new adaptation.
"The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, as refracted in a theatrical fun-house mirror. Welcome to The Liar." —- David Ives
The book features:
Fresh, new adaptation of Corneille's The Liar by Broadway playwright, David Ives
A short history of the Shakespeare Theatre Company and the ReDiscovery Series by Artistic Director Michael Kahn
• Fascinating essay, The Whole Truth About The Liar, by David Ives titled
• Short biography of Pierre Corneille
• Corneille in a Minute: a 30-entry chronology placing Corneille in context to the world around him
• Original production information including cast list
• Commissioned and first performed by the Shakespeare Theatre Company at the Lansburgh Theatre in Washington D.C., opening April 12, 2010 under the direction of Michael Kahn.
Productions in Print Series was developed with the knowledge that every theatre production demands a quality printed product to complement the run at the theatre and give life to the production long after the curtain has come down.