Monday October 2, 2017, 2:00 to 10:00 PM, Open House in Celebration of the Drama Book Shop's 100th Anniversary. Special Guests, Performances, Refreshments, Panels.
The Arthur Seelen Theatre — Monday, October 2, 2017
- 1:00 PM — Reading / Craig Pospisil / The NOW Collective
Featuring the work of Lynne Halliday, James Hindman, Arlene Hutton and Craig Pospisil
- 2:00 PM — Acting in American, Panel Discussion
- Kathleen Chalfant
- Patti Mariano
- Cass Morgan
- André De Shields
- 3:00 PM — Directing in America, Panel Discussion. Moderated by David Finkle
- Mark Brokaw
- Trip Cullman
- Liesl Tommy
- 5:00 PM — Playwrights in America, Panel Discussion. Moderated by Steven McCasland
- Charles Busch
- Colman Domingo
- Stephen Adly Guirgis
- David Henry Hwang
- Steven Levenson
- Max Posner
- Jose Rivera
- Sarah Ruhl
- 6:00 PM — Mayor's Proclamation
- 7:00 PM — Bill Moyers and Robert Schenkkan, Livestream on Facebook
- 8:00 PM — The Story Pirates, AFTER DARK
- 8:30 PM — Eli Bolin, FOUND
Main Floor of the Drama Book Shop — Monday, October 2, 2017
- 6:00 PM. Ellen Novack — Taming the Cyclops: How to Do Your Best Work in an On-Camera Audition
Ellen Novack has had a long and varied career with one consistent theme: working with and helping actors. She was a casting director for over 25 years working in TV, film and theatre.She was casting director at the NY Shakespeare Festival, casting the original NY productions of Plenty and Mystery of Edwin Drood, both of which went to Broadway, and Top Girls and Fen.
She was Managing Director for CSC (Classic Stage Company) in New York, even as she cast plays for them with John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, David Strathairn, Jean Stapleton, and Joe Morton, among many others. She was a casting director for the soap operas As the World Turns, Another World and One Life to Live, which she went on to produce as well.
She has taught on-camera auditioning at American Conservatory Theatre, The New School, New York University, Rutgers University, Columbia University, She is currently teaching On-Camera Acting Technique and Professional Preparation/On-Camera Auditioning for many years at The Juilliard School and the Yale School of Drama. Currently, she’s a Talent Consultant for Authentic Talent and Literary Management.